Apex Systems is searching for a Senior DB2 zO/S Database Administrator to help support one of our government integrator clients in the Baltimore, MD area. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Justin Cramer at email@example.com.
Senior DB2 zO/S Database Administrator
DB2 DBA on z/OS, ERwin, IBM Utilities
This work effort involves providing DB2 DBA maintenance and development support of mainframe DB2 application databases in all environments (development, validation, integration, and production). The resource will conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases. The DBA will be required to evaluate physical data models using ERwin. The DBA will be participating in the troubleshooting of slow running applications to determine modification to enhance performance. Direct interaction with the application development teams will be required.
This position will be responsible for:
• Administration of databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
• Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
• Will be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Mainframe DB2 DBA expertise with at least Version 10.
-Experience with ERwin Model Manager.
-Experience with CA or BMC DB2 tools.
-Experience with IBM Utilities and JCL.
-Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
-Availability to provide weekend/off-hours support as needed.
-Mainframe DB2 DBA experience Version 11
-Prior experience in mainframe application development accessing DB2 databases.
-Experience working with Java and distributed application teams.
-Experience with Web Services, JPA (specifically OpenJPA) and WebSphere.
-Experience with Omegamon for DB2
Bachelor's Degree and three years of IT Experience or Intermediate IT certifications, or equivalent.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178