Open position for a Senior Design Engineer of an engineering team within the UEQ Equipment division of Matheson. The Senior Design Engineer plans, organizes and directs engineering activities to meet company objectives for equipment design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally and through engineer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, 3D CAD (Pro-E preferred), PLC, drawing vaults, ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience with design of ultra high purity gas handling equipment, testing protocols for such equipment, meeting SEMI standards
- In depth knowledge of micro contamination, semi processes, gas handling, fluid dynamics, ultra high purity components
- Working knowledge of design for Six Sigma, engineering change control boards, part number databases
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and processes.
- Ability to conduct or participate in root cause and 8D analysis of internal and external complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline from a four-year college or university
- Five to Ten years related experience and/or training in gas handling equipment design/management, preferably in ultra high purity equipment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability