Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric USA, Inc. is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies to optimize operational performance and profitability.
The following position is available in Smyrna, Tennessee.
Senior Design Engineer
What do you get to do in this position?
- Accountable for investigating and procuring all data required to develop complex designs.
- Ensure that the development is synchronized with changes or advances to existing product releases (10%).
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams.
- Prepare accurate layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Involved in the development of electrical circuit and wiring diagrams (10%).
- Work independently, exercise latitude and judgment to develop designs with minimal supervision (10%).
- Review work of Designers on some phases of design (10%).
- Design power electronic products, power devices and associated control and gate or base drive circuits using HMI and PLC (10%).
- Create multiple component or assembly solutions to envisioned product concept (10%).
- Responsible for the manipulation of appropriate CAD software and assist in verification of design to performance requirements (10%).
- Participate in test plan, results analysis, and provide the feedback of appropriate design parameters back into component or assembly design (10%).
- Interface with manufacturing organization to ensure that a well-optimized component or assembly is developed from fabrication and assembly concerns (10%).
- Develop electronic and hard copy records that conform to internal standards and support the development, implementation and maintenance stages of the projects or products (10%).
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, or related and 3 years of work experience in product development for power electronic products.
Special Skills or Other Requirements:
Designing Medium voltage equipment and products including:
- VR circuit breakers, Master Clad, Master Clad AR, HVL/cb and Premset;
- Designing CAD tools (Inventor, ProE, Creo, Auto CAD);
- Managing PEP Project Cycle Management;
- Analyzing and assessing MV Circuit Breaker test duties, Hi Pot, Partial Discharge, BIL for: VR circuit breakers, Master Clad, Master Clad AR, HVL/cb and Premset;
- Performing risk analysis: fault tree product performance reviews related to Safety Review process;
- Creating and using of Fault Tree Analysis;
- Creating and managing of Design and Application FMEAs;
- Managing and maintaining all designs using Symphony and PDM; and
- Executing modifications to existing, legacy, and new products using PEP, PMP/Agile methodology, 8D analysis.
This position is covered by our company’s Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site http://www.schneider-electric.us/sites/us/en/company/careers/jobs-with-us/jobs-with-us.page req. ## 0063TB. EOE.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.