Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Design Manager
The Senior Design Manager contributes to Shake Shack's success by leading a team and consultants to produce designs that uphold the Shake Shack Customer Experience by meeting cost, schedule and operational requirements. They also focus on managing the pipeline of over 45 locations of influential restaurants per year.
- Managing the design efforts of more than 45 restaurants within parameters of individual Shack budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams.
- Provides resources needed for design team to meet schedules. Reviews schedules and work flow to anticipate needs. Prioritizes work effectively and gains alignment with Construction and Real Estate as needed to support Design Teams and exterior consultants. Communicates resource shortfalls to Director of Design in a timely manner.
- Reviews team schematic designs and provides feedback. Provides direction for design issues or resolves directly with cross functional teams as needed.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines for all projects. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Manages relationships with consultants to ensure compliance of services.
- Mentors other more junior designers and challenges and inspires designers to achieve business results.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or another related field
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- At least 10 years of experience inretail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents
- Experience managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants and vendors
- At least three years of project management experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer,Founderand CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author ofSetting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed tohigh qualityfood served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophythey we"Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.