|Title||Senior Designer III|
• Can handle many basic design problems usually done by an engineer and shows a high degree of drafting ability with project organization experience.
• Follows the instructions of the project engineer yet is also innovative in establishing the most effective means of accomplishing project objectives.
• Under limited supervision, following general instructions and with some discretion as to work details, performs design preparation tasks such as schematics; interconnects lists; loop diagrams; piping, foundation, civil and structural plans, sections and details; wire lists, etc.
• Complexity involves tasks such as overall design drawing layouts, P&ID layout, wiring schematics and instrument loop diagrams.
• Conducts parts searches, utilizing engineering and vendor data.
• Use of computers/CAD equipment not required, but preferred.
• Has diversified design experience and works with minimal supervision
• Select and recommend design procedures.
• Prepare preliminary designs for engineer’s approval.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design Packages
• CAD or Mechanically Produce Drawings
• Field Verification, Inspection and Sketches
• Check and Update Drawings
• Coordinate with Other Designers/Disciplines
• File Maintenance/Package Organization
• Research, Verify, Illustrate & Document Drawings
• Client Interface
• Coordinate drafting efforts
• Monitor the results of delegations, assignments and projects
• Establish course of action for self and others
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Minimum of High school diploma/G.E.D with additional specialized/technical training or some college courses and 10 to 15 years’ experience required. Associate Degree and 12 to 15 years’ experience preferred.