Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Senior Designer for our San Antonio, TX facility.
The Senior UX Designer role is intended to improve the USAA.com shopping experience through empathy for the users, a deep understanding of human centered design (HCD) and strong analytical abilities. You also need to understand the technical limitations and business goals so you can deliver relevant and achievable solutions. As a UX practitioner you will conceive and conduct user research, interviews, surveys, and use the multiple data points to extract insights, create user journey maps, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, concepts and functional prototypes. The UX designer will also design the overall functionality of diverse decision/education tools (calculator, comparison engine, etc...), and in order to ensure a delightful user experience, iterate upon it and informed by user-testing.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA’S CHIEF DESIGN OFFICE
USAA has been powering innovation with empathy for nearly 100 years. Within the Chief Design Office (CDO), we reaffirm our commitment to build for the future and humanize the digital experience. CDO is comprised of 200+ multi-disciplinary designers, teachers, students, empathizers, explorers, doodlers, and even unicyclists. Spanning three locations (San Antonio, Austin and Plano), we have varied backgrounds across all design disciplines, from self-taught to advanced degrees.
As designers at USAA, we are measured by delivering on our mission: to help facilitate the financial security of our members. With access to millions of USAA members, we craft informed solutions through human-centered design that demonstrate value and meaning based on real needs. We continually engage our business partners and members to ensure we are focused on the right solutions. As technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace, we recognize the need to not only stay current, but also look beyond, all for the benefit of our members.
- Creates and executes concepts, designs, and/or coding and may guide production of complex and integrated visual/technical solutions.
- Applies, and may teach, advanced knowledge of design principles and business objectives.
- Presents and communicates design objectives, concepts and executions to partners and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure all executions fulfill requirements.
- Ensures compliance with design, brand, legal and/or accessibility standards/requirements, as required.
- Create design concepts and/or prototypes for use in usability testing.
- Facilitates the development or improvement of design processes, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Serves as a mentor to peers and team members.
- Resolve design and technical issues through an understanding of the business and design principles.
- Clearly articulates the various facets of the issue and facilitates resolution.
- Contributes to the alignment of member experiences across projects, programs, products and channels.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of design work experience
- 6 or more years experience in advertising or digital design.
- Advanced understanding of marketing/advertising and/or user experience and/or interactive design principles.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience facilitating cross functional initiatives and influencing business decisions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills Advanced with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Extensive experience performing metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization efforts; apply a data-driven approach to all design activities.
- Experience leading UX research and testing processes.
- Experience facilitating HCD activities and design sprints.
- Experience with creative testing and optimization.
- Digital acquisition experience and/or working experience for a large online retailer.
- Ability to drive brand narrative and storytelling.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.