SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
As a Senior Digital Designer you will play a critical role in showcasing that SiriusXM is alive with content -- from live sports broadcasts to live performances, news, comedy, talk -- and of course music. You'll design new, intuitive web-based interfaces that delight and engage our customers. Driven by UX and performance metrics, you'll improve existing interactions, flows, and marketing pages on SiriusXM websites to increase engagement and conversion. Internally, you'll balance the need to adhere to our design system, while finding ways to improve and evolve it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create beautiful, engaging visual design within a design system and corporate brand guidelines
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Create prototypes to validate and evolve design solutions
- Follow industry best practices and company guidelines for following, maintaining and improving a Design System
- Work side-by-side with our UX and analytics teams to optimize site experiences
- Create beautiful and intuitive UI designs
- Share expertise that helps evolve our use of responsive grids, atomic design, typography, color, photography, motion, and brand development
- Translate UX research findings into usable, accessible, conversion focused interface designs
- Collaborate with other members of the digital marketing team on the development of new initiatives
- Provide support to other team members as needed
- Mentor interns, junior and mid-level designers as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- This position may have project leadership responsibility but will not be a people management role.
- 6-9+ years of experience as a digital designer
- An online portfolio demonstrating engaging and modern user interface design
- A track record of using user-centered design to drive business metrics
- High level of proficiency using design tools including Sketch, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to create low-fidelity wireframes to illustrate concepts as well as hi-fidelity visual design mockups that are ready for hand-off to developers
- Experience working with a large-scale content management system
- Experience with e-commerce design
- Have acted as the design lead on multiple responsively-designed websites
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated interest in continued education, and ability to thrive when facing unexpected and/or high-pressure tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience designing for accessibility
- The ability to clearly communicate design decisions and strategy
- Can recognize clean, valid HTML/CSS and understands the DOM
- Knows how to use animation/motion to tell a story
- Demonstrated knowedge of UX process and best practices
- Thrives within an agency or other fast-paced environment
Requirements and General Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment with staff at all levels across departments
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency with digital design tools- Adobe Suite of digital products, Sketch, InVision
- Prototyping experience
- An understanding of the technical limitations of HTML/css and browser standards
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.