Location: Irving, TX
Member of software development team for Web and Windows platforms. Requires knowledge and development experience of existing and emerging Web development standards and Cloud-based services, with the ability to rapidly code and prototype systems in a demanding fast-paced multimedia environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze requirements, and/or any corresponding technical specifications and be able to implement these assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
* Follow any pre-defined standard development approaches establish by the team's technical lead.
* Adhere to rules established to enforce test driven development, maintaining wiki pages, code style and code group/peer review.
* Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
* Facilitate innovative design and find solutions to challenging technical problems through information gathering and best practices.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other technically related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in a senior development position.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Passion for creating great web application software a must.
* Independent and able to adapt quickly to a complex fast paced environment.
* Works well with others and is a great communicator both in wiritng and verbally.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines.
* Ability to effectively work cross-functionally in a fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to work with changing and potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Willingness to learn new technologies, often very quickly.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Prior exposure to TypeScript required.
* Knowledge of cross browser nuances experienced when writing responsively designed web applications for the major browsers (IE, FF, Chrome and Safari).
* A solid understanding of MVC/MVVM/ADM and ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
* Utilizing web services through APIs using REST, RTMP, AMF, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, XML and more.
* Strong understanding of CSS, LESS, Sass and their best practices for use in web applications.
* Preferred experience with Node, Grunt, Bower, Jasmine, Karma.
* Test driven development (TDD), protractor experience a plus.
* Git/GitHub or SVN, able to work within a multi-branched software environment.
* Used continuous integration environments like Team City, Jenkins, Hudson.
* Any experience with implementing or using the HLS standard a plus.
* Java/C++/C# coding experience a plus.
* Prior experience integrating media players within Web Applications a huge plus.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled