ProKarma, a global IT consulting company is seeking to hire Senior DevOps Architect that will be a subject matter expert on working with cloud and DevOps teams by providing best practice solutions.
- Provide business, data, application and technology consulting for IT team members and business partners.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the IT teams for project level architecture and design work.
- Should have working knowledge of RedHat Openshift and general concepts of PaaS layers and architecture.
- Implementation of monitoring and logging solutions.
- Review and approve project level architecture and designs for IT projects and create these artifacts as needed on large, complex initiatives.
- Lead team in providing business, application, and technology consulting.
- Deeply analyze business processes and technologies to discover and refine client's needs.
- Work collaboratively with clients with varying expertise and exposure to DevOps in order to solve complex problems.
- Develop solutions to varying challenges using:
- Tools such as Puppet/Chef, Ansible, Packer, Beaker.
· Deliver container based deployments using Docker/Kubernetes/OpenStack to include, offering solutions to the complexities of orchestration and delivering containers into production
- Mentor delivery team technical leads and developers.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in order to adapt to the dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering and product teams.
- Act as a liaison with other architects (security, infrastructure, data, etc.) and with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) methodology.
- Translate requirements into functional service designs and create service models along with supporting documentation (activity and sequence diagrams).
- Seek out and identify opportunities to reuse enterprise technology services.
- Ensure service designs adhere to standards, principles and governance processes.
- Provide design documentation in sufficient detail to estimate effort and validate final implementation.
- Perform peer reviews of designs and solution proposals to ensure conformance to current practice and quality of work being generated.
- Ability to write unit and acceptance tests for modules.
- Ability to implement scalable architecture.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Linux administration/SysAdmin skills, ideally RedHat or Amazon
- 5+ years’ experience in systems architecture.
- Deep knowledge and master of cloud platforms (AWS primary, Azure, etc.)
- Cloud monitoring tools (Cloud Watch, Splunk, Application monitoring, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience developing applications using agile principles
- 2+ years’ experience with a formal configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or SaltStack
- 2+ years’ experience using Source Control tools such as Git or Subversion. Git knowledge is a must.
- 3+ years' experience integrating automation workflow tools (Jenkins/Hudson/uDeploy) with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/SaltStack/Ansible)
- 2+ years’ experience using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 1+ years’ experience designing and implementing horizontally-scalable applications.
- Formalized Puppet training / certification.
- Experience with RSpec/Serverspec/Beaker for unit/acceptance tests (or similar for other tools)
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing scalable Configuration Management master servers
- Software development or DevOps automation background
- Ability to travel to different client locations, as needed
- Experience with Python and shell scripting
Kanth Marle | ProKarma