The Senior DevOps Engineer must be able to meet the key criteria below:
- Location: Must be onsite in Greenbelt, MD
- Years’ Experience: 14+ Years
- Education: Bachelors
- Clearance: Must be able and willing to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Work Authorization: Must be a US Citizen or Green Card
- Key Skills:
- Must have extensive hands on experience with automation and scripting
- Must have strong experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Maven etc.)
- AWS experience required
Do you want to help IBR build a portfolio of next-generation data collection systems and enterprise portals? The DevOps Engineer Senior will work with multiple application teams in support of the 2020 Decennial Census Technical Integrator (TI) service. This individual will perform technical work, in coordination with application teams, to automate the deployment, installation and management of critical 2020 Decennial Census applications. This individual will coordinate implementation with the application teams and Task 1 (Architecture) and Task 3 (Implementation). This individual will also take part in DevOps related training activities for application teams.
- Takes direction from DevOps Engineering Lead to automate and manage several applications operating in the TI Hybrid Cloud environment (AWS and On-Prem Datacenter)
- Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations
- Collaborates with application teams to automate the installation, configuration and integration of middleware and database components
- Provides full stack technical support for application teams across all environments.
- Collaborates with application teams to support the development
- Performs troubleshooting activities both independently and in conjunction with application teams and infrastructure teams, as needed.
- Provides ongoing deployment and operational support activities.
- Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
- Familiarity with the concepts of Infrastructure as Code and immutable infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience developing complex automation capabilities using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience operating as a full stack engineer
- Experience developing complex Jenkins pipelines
- Application development experience preferred in one or more high-level languages
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tools and methodologies, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GitHub and SonarQube
- Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development life cycles within a substantial IT environment.
- Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of AWS, including security best practices and automated deployment methodologies is a plus
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC (IBR) is an emerging small business focused on delivering software and systems engineering solutions to government and commercial clients. Our talent acquisition strategy is tailored to career seeking candidates who embrace continuous learning and desire to grow as a professional in the software/systems engineering industry. We strive to enhance our team members ability to thrive in the workplace by creating a proper work/life balance and first-class benefits package that includes:
- Nationwide medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid federal holidays
- 401k matching
- Life insurance at no cost to our employees
- Short term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Long term disability insurance at no cost to our employees
- Health care flex spending accounts
- Dependent care flex spending accounts
- Training opportunities
- Education assistance opportunities
Imagine Believe Realize, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.” IBR does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Learn more at http://www.teamibr.com
If alternative methods of assistance are needed with the application process, additional contact information has been provided below: