Reporting to the Director of Engineering Services, as Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll be designing tools and services that make our team efficient and effective.
You will be part of a team responsible for designing, building, and maintaining automation tools to provision, deploy, and maintain both internally developed and open source projects.
What you’ll do…
- Integrate existing and new technologies to increase efficiency of deployment tasks
- Extend or build new tools as required
You’d be a great fit if you have…
- B.S. in related technical field and 7 years of experience (or 10+ years of experience without a degree)
- M.S in related technical field (can be substituted for additional 3 years of experience)
- Hands-on experience using DevOps tools (Git, Foreman, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with programming and scripting. (Python, Django, Ruby, Rails, Bash, etc)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration.
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork
- You are able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and maintain the clearance.
It would be even better if you…
- Experience with Virtualization (Vmware, LXD, KVM, etc)
- In-depth Linux and open source software experience
- Understanding of routing and networking concepts.
- Experience with Monitoring/Alerting tools. (Nagios, Prometheus, etc)
- Experience with Logs and Metrics aggregation and visualization (ELK, Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, etc)
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers – with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you’ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.