GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Security Architects at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Architects are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery, and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered. Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Architects to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Architects desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients.
This position requires a strong knowledge of application security and software development, with a focus on automation, integrating security within the CI/CD pipeline, and DevOps toolchain.
- Understanding of Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline tools and processes (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Secure Software Development
- Understanding of automated security testing approaches and tools
- Experience in building and operating security within CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with proactive integration of security into the development process
- Strong working knowledge of security fundamentals including OWASP Top10
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS or Azure) and cloud security fundamentals including container-based technologies, infrastructure as code, Git-based source control repositories, pipelines, and common open source toolsets
- Experience in software engineering and software development, including Web applications and technologies
- Experience with automation templates to build security-as-code using terraform, ansible, salt, chef, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and the ability to conduct security assessments and analysis
- Experience with application security scanning and testing tools (Checkmarx, Contrast, Veracode, Netsparker, and similar)
- Knowledge of threat modeling and risk assessment techniques
Educational & Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of security engineering or software development experience
- Largely remote, but up to 30% out-of-town travel may be required to client locations
- Security Engineers work from home when not visiting client location
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 340 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.