Primary Location: United States (US)- North Dakota - Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Digital Design Engineer (50080701)- 68490
As a Senior Digital Design Engineer at John Deere Electronic Solutions, located in Fargo, ND, you will design, modify and evaluate electronic products for use in rugged environments to meet quality, delivery and cost goals. You will plan, coordinate and perform requirements capture, design concepting, architecting, simulation, integration and verification for projects broad in scope. In addition, you will:
- Be the expert user of critical technology
- Develop new applications of technology for product development
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions for electronic assemblies to improve cost, quality and performance based on digital design knowledge of engineering applications together with the involvement of electronic design, manufacturing, mechanical, software and other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel
- Create, analyze, read and understand technical requirements written by others to determine the best technical solution for complex problems or projects of difficult scope.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations
- Develop and/or execute test benches or analysis plan for product verification and validation
- Lead in resolution of product based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers
- Be recognized as an expert in digital design
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in logic design using FPGA, CLPD or other programable logic devices
- Experience in developing high level FPGA architectures and clocking strategies
- Experience in Verilog/VHDL code development, synthesis, and simulation
- Experience developing and implementing FPGA constraints, place and route, and timing analysis
- Experience using EDA tools such as Modelsim, Xilinx Vivado, and Intel Quartus
- Experience in configuration management using revision controls tools such as Git, SVN, and Mecurial
- Experience developing communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, RS232, SDIO, DDR, PCIe, and gigabit ethernet
- Experience specifying, analyzing, and testing external analog support circuitry and FPGA interfaces Experience in digital filter design and analysis
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with AXI4 or similar bus infrastructure
- Experience with various video protocols such as MIPI CSI, Displayport
- Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications
- Experience with 8, 16 or 32 bit micro controllers
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and Model Based Design
- Experience with compute performance of various AI/ML algorithms
- Experience with control algorithms and feedback control theory
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.