- Forensically acquire digital evidence and examine data including following legal and policy requirements and presenting findings as necessary during administrative and criminal court proceedings, and briefings.
- Support data management and processing requests.
- Perform testing of computer hardware and software.
- Research computer science-related policies and protocols, conduct necessary benchmarking, and develop or refine procedures for assessing the effectiveness of data processing processes.
- Maintain owned or controlled hardware or software, and research, develop and/or review software and hardware tools.
- Have an active Top Secret clearance based on an in-scope Single Scope Background Investigation at the start of contract performance.
- Develop, implement and/or assist with suspense, workload, and caseload tracking, analysis, and coordination to ensure optimal time management and resource use; and assist with preparing performance metrics.
- Develop, coordinate, prepare and track internal and external correspondence, data calls and requests; draft memoranda and documents; and prepare and control other communication, including coordinating review by key stakeholders and dissemination.
- Create, review, and provide various reports and briefing materials.
- Communicate matters to personnel at all levels, and build and maintain organizational relationships to ensure awareness and effective messaging.
- Answer and screen telephone calls and electronic mail; manage calendars, schedules meetings, and assist with time and resource management tasks; and assist with compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills, and work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Execute word processing and data entry, including demonstrating expertise and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and regularly performing extensive use of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Establish and maintain records and files, including properly marking and disseminating materials in accordance with law, regulation and policy, and performing appropriate reductions in accordance with general records schedules.
- Perform other general office duties as assigned.
- Execute a nondisclosure agreement.
- Knowledge commensurate with a subject matter expert in the field of computer network security as it pertains to computer hardware and software, including understanding various operating systems (such as Windows and UNIX) and network hardware and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the concepts, laws, and practices involving chain of custody for evidence.
- Ability to analyze information assurance-related technical problems and provide engineering and technical support to resolve these problems.
- Experience conducting computer network log analysis, including proficient use of software tools
- such as but not limited to Splunk, SolarWinds, Weblog Expert, etc. v. Possessing and maintaining at least one information security certification in the field of information security or digital forensics (such as CISSP, CISM, Security +, CEH, GSEC, etc.).
- BS/BA or equivalent