What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner is seeking an experienced software product-line/portfolio leader to develop thought-leading research targeted to general managers and product-line managers within large cloud software providers.The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing thought-leading research targeted to general managers and senior product-line managers within cloud infrastructure and related service providers.
- Covering existing and emerging cloud business and pricing models.
- Defining (in collaboration with other analysts) emerging cloud ecosystem, architecture and business models.
- Contributing to Gartner-wide research and ideation on the evolution of current and emerging cloud-based solution markets.
The candidate must have experience working at a senior product leadership level within or with large cloud-related companies. This should include proven skills and experience as follows:
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills.
- The ability to derive and blend qualitative “trend” analysis backed by quantitative data.
- Proven understanding of different software/SaaS business models.
- Architectural mindset who can think strategically from a systems-level perspective.
- Proven track record advising business executives.
- Ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects.
- “Out of the box” big picture thinker who is adept at connecting the dots between different technologies and business models.
- Ability to “deep dive” into emerging technologies and trends and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level.
- 12+ years experience working as a product/business leader with cloud providers.
- Proven executive communication skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field as well as MBA (or equivalent) preferred.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:33941
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.