Location: New York, NY
The candidate for this position will have a background demonstrating knowledge of critical facility power systems and HVAC systems. Electrical systems including generator systems, UPS, electrical switchboard distribution and SCATA systems. HVAC knowledge to include boilers, chiller plants computer room CRAC systems. The candidate will oversee agreements with outside support vendors for various SiriusXM owned locations verifying quality of service and adherence to agreements. The candidate will be involved in recommendations for updates, improvements and replacement of SiriusXM critical infrastructure in all company facilities as well as negotiations with outside vendors on support agreement renewals and new agreements. Lastly the candidate will manage other SiriusXM staff members of the Critical Systems support group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and direct the operation, maintenance, monitoring and repair of all facets of primary owned and leased critical systems infrastructure including, power, HVAC, mechanical systems, building automation.
* Manage and operate all monitoring systems including BMS, electrical power, fire panel, generators and batteries.
* Support and consult with corporate facilities, engineering, operations and/or decurity while participating on cross-functional teams.
* Conduct periodic surveys and make recommendations to enhance capabilities and/or correct operating vulnerabilities.
* Oversee third party contracts and ensure compliance to specifications and terms.
* Implement and supervise preventative maintenance programs for all electrical switchboard, distribution systems and mechanical systems. Maintain inspection records.
* Manage the critical systems staff in DC, NY, NJ, TX, and LA.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 8+ years of experience supporting data center or comparable critical environment.
* This position is on call 24 x 7 and must have flexibility to travel.
* OSHA 10 training or equivalent safety training.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Understanding of commercial building power generator/switchgear/ATS and UPS systems. Familiarity with Liebert UPS, Square D electrical gear, ASCO gear, generators a plus.
* Familiarity and understanding of building monitoring system operations.
* Ability to work a flexible work schedule when needed - i.e. deployments, hot months, emergency call, off shift, vacation coverage.
* Ability to stand, walk, climb up and down ladders, and engage in similar physical activities as necessary to access all areas of facilities to operate, repair and maintain.
* Able to maintain professional demeanor and make decisions within job responsibilities/scope in the high pressure environment that is typical of a Critical Systems environment.
* Project management skills.
* Troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to build effective working relationships.
* Must be an innovator/self-starter.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Knowledge of commercial electrical, mechanical systems and facility operations.
* Knowledge in AutoCAD and ability to read MEP drawings.
* Operating and implementation abilities on Building Management Systems and CMMS.
* Ability to perform troubling shooting on critical system elements.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled