You're ready for more challenge. We're ready for bigger ideas. That makes this a perfect opportunity as the next step in your career. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are formed and operate. The goal is to improve quality of service while exploring new ways to manage costs. Here's where you come in. You'll use your strong background in provider services to lead teams with the goal of ensuring quality of interactions and performance of providers in our networks. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Riverside Medical Group is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Camden and Burlington counties. We have over 100 locations and 300 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy and many more. As a National Committee for Quality Assurance “Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home,” Riverside is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
Riverside’s goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
As the Senior Director, Health Plan IPA Operations, you will be responsible accountable for driving the company’s performance and strategy and Operations.
- Provides operations, strategy and oversees process improvement opportunities across business units resulting in consistent, transparent processes that result in high quality execution while also driving efficiencies
- Assists in the development, coordination and implementation of the regional budget, business plans and operational activities including clinician/ops review to drive clinical and financial performance
- Works closely to monitor and report metrics such as resource utilization, patient satisfaction, HCC, PFP and STAR and enacts plans to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses
- Works closely enhance regional provider satisfaction, productivity and performance
- Implements plans to continually enhance services provided by accountable departments and functions
- Provides input and feedback regarding initiatives and programs that promote excellence
- Manages relevant hospital partnerships and maintains / grows specialist networks
- Works closely with central departments to ensure that issues impacting the region that involve central departments are resolved effectively and timely
- Collaborates with the physician leadership to garner support for operational initiatives and obtains feedback on what initiatives will be most successful and works closely to implement and monitor programs
- Manages direct reports to ensure that they are meeting performance expectations; mentor, coach and counsel as necessary
- Provides guidance in professional development activities and goals
- Works to promote teamwork, collaboration, implementation of best practices across all communities within the region
- Develops, implements and measures adherence to policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience in the healthcare field
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in managed care operations, such as provider contracting and/or claims payment, fee-for-service and/or risk-based models
- 5+ years of Medical Group or IPA experience (200+ doctors)
- Based in Secaucus, NJ
Riverside Medical Group strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IPA, Healthcare Operations, Risk, Adjudication, Managed Care, Medical Group, Secaucus, NJ, New Jersey