At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
Develops people strategies and oversees operations for the organization's human resources function. Leads the development and implementation of policies and programs including talent management, talent acquisition, onboarding, compensation and employee wellness (benefits, health and safety) organization design, employee development, workforce and succession planning, employee relations, and diversity, equity and inclusion. Acts as the HR lead to advise and plan for people impact of change management initiatives.
- Strategically partners with executive leadership on the design, development and implementation of effective people strategies and tactics to attract and retain talent and that align with the organization’s goals and mission while ensuring collaboration and alignment with global HR strategy.
- Establishes organizational human resources policies and sets standards governing recruiting and onboarding, training and career development, employee relations, and compensation and benefits planning, and offboarding.
- Directs the interpretation of and application of established human resources policies and advises HR staff and management in the application of HR policies within the organization.
- Oversees and prioritizes the implementation of HR programs and services.
- Develops people analytics, reporting, and key HR metrics that provide ongoing insight and assessment of the effectiveness of human resources strategies and programs in meeting business strategies and goals. Proactively evolves HR programs, policies and services to reflect and incorporate employer best practices.
- Oversees annual HR processes including performance management cycle, organizational review, employee satisfaction survey, annual compensation and promotion planning, EEO/AA planning.
- Maintains overall supervision of the organization’s recruitment, placement and development programs and assures compliance with EEO regulations; Directs preparation and implementation of the organization’s Affirmative Action Program.
- Oversees the development and administration of total rewards programs (including wage and salary programs/structures, short and long term incentive plans, time off, and employee wellness, etc.) to ensure market competitiveness
- Protects interests of employees in accordance with the organization’s HR policies as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Participates in the establishment of long-range objectives for departmental programs.
- Prepares periodic reports to top management, as necessary or requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ years HR experience
- 8+ years direct people management responsibility
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical, or healthcare industry
- Demonstrated ability of strategically partnering with executive leadership to solve business challenges utilizing HR strategies
- Proven experience leading, developing, mentoring, and managing multi-functional HR teams.
- Thorough knowledge of HR strategies, processes, policies, as well as federal and state labor and employment laws
- Strong business acumen-understanding of what drives revenue, cash flow, and profits; market orientation and knowledge of customer profiles; reviewing and understanding financial statements and metrics; ability to provide strategic insight and analysis to business issues outside of the HR function.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sound decision-making capabilities that ensure solutions meet cross-functional / business needs (e.g., consider legal, regulatory and/or compliance implications)
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proven experience in fostering, motivating, and influencing positive behaviors throughout the organization.
- Project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources
- 10+ years people management experience, preferably in HR function
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience working in a global small to mid-size company in a highly matrixed environment
- Certifications: SHRM-CP/SCP
- Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems such as SAP Successfactors.
• Willingness/Ability to travel up to 35% domestically. International travel may be required.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
Director of Human Resources