Senior Director, Market Executive: Non-Profit Banking - (19000171)
Since 1941,Banc of California (NYSE:BANC)has provided full-service banking and lending to individuals and their businesses, families and employees throughout California and across the West.
Today, with over $10 billion in consolidated assets, we are large enough to meet our clients’ banking needs, yet small enough to care and serve them well. Banc of California’s strong balance sheet, deep community roots and commitment to lasting and meaningful relationships are the foundation for its long record of success.
Responsible for the development and execution of sales initiatives for private banking, commercial banking or business banking clients. Oversees and directs Relationship Management Team to grow loan production, new business relationships, fee income, personal referrals, and treasury management sales. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of the team including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
- Oversees and directs commercial, business or private banking loan production, new business relationships, fee income personal referrals, and treasury management sales.
- Plans sales management objectives and effectively manages the Relationship Management Team’s performance.
- Oversees the development of the group sales pipeline, provides reporting and regular analysis.
- Oversees and directs business development activities and solicitation of new business prospects; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; investigates and follows up on significant changes in status of existing clients; motivates and monitors staff in cross selling and product presentation, meets with clients to discuss needs or concerns and outlines appropriate Bank services.
- Plans business objectives, develops and executes sales strategies effectively with key personnel.
- Creates and executes prospecting campaigns targeting commercial customers.
- Develops and implements marketing plans, relationship management strategies, centers of influence and organizational alliances to promote client satisfaction and business growth.
- Analyzes, interprets and provides guidance to management in regards to market trends and competitor activities to identify opportunities.
- Develops, builds and executes surveys to provide consistent feedback of our customers.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management and all customers.
- Ability to quickly engage and influence business, technical and operations partners
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships at all functional levels
- Ability to work independently in a quickly changing environment, while managing a high volume of work and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for one or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule and the work schedules of others on a short-term and long-term basis
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience working in a Relationship Management or Business Development role with the commercial, private or business banking industry.
- Demonstrated expertise across multiple disciplines sales management, marketing, strategic planning and operations.
- Current Driver’s License and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-CENTURY CITY
Organization: Private Banking
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 17, 2019, 4:43:01 PM