The Sr Director National Accounts – Sam’s Club will be responsible for leading the Sam’s Club team with responsibility for retail sales across the entire Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) portfolio, including the coffee system, carbonated soft drinks (CSDs), juices, sauce, and mixers. You must be results-oriented with an emphasis on delivering our annual sales and operations plan and the shared customer business plan. You will also need to be a strategic thinker, disciplined planner and reliable implementer with the ability to influence internal stakeholders and solve highly complex customer challenges. Primary responsibilities will include team/people leadership, account planning and analysis and managing price, promotions, distribution and presentations.
- Effectively communicate specific programs, pricing and contract details to both the customer and KDP stakeholders.
- Partner with the customer on category management and joint business planning, leveraging joint multifunctional teams from both the supplier and account.
- Own the customer level forecast.
- Proactively share best practices with peers and share ownership of club strategy, inclusive of price pack plan architecture and value creation for customer membership
- Create an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for assigned customers through the use of in-depth customer needs analysis, measured by growth of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Hold quarterly business meetings to plan with customer’s leadership. Coordinate and update customer plans with stakeholders. Develop and lead a team which is fully integrated across business units and functions.
- Gather and share data from all pertinent internal and external sources to demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the customer, channel and KDP product categories.
- Craft effective strategic plans and collaborate with key internal resources (Marketing, Sales Planning, Category Strategy and Product Teams) to assist in execution.
- Develop yearly budget plans and monthly forecasts for each assigned account to help track progress towards sales objectives.
- Develop effective sales presentations
- Account plan inclusive of assortment planning, forecasting and trade spend management.
- Coordinate retailer logistics and routing guide requirements, in conjunction with our distributor, to deliver the best customer service.
BS/BA degree and a minimum 15 years of experience, Master’s Degree and minimum 10 years of experience, in sales or a related function.
Strongly prefer WalMart and/or Sam’s experience, or experience in another “Fortune 500” company within the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Beverage or related industries.
Experience successfully developing sales plans and executing via an effective sales strategy.
Demonstrated success in launching and selling products to retail channels.
Demonstrated success in category management for key accounts.
Must be completely PC proficient, able to develop his/her own oral and visual presentations, spreadsheets and general correspondence.
Retail Link experience preferred.
Demonstrated leadership skills, exhibiting a high degree of drive and energy and the ability to consistently produce results.
Innovative and creative thinker and problem solver who can manage the details without losing sight of the goal.
Honest, strong ethics and personal integrity.
Well organized, disciplined planner and implementer.
Thinks strategically, strong negotiation and communication skills.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.