Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sr. Director of Operations is accountable for overseeing the performance and operations of multiple plants within their manufacturing region including the production of baked goods that meet quality, cost, and efficiency standards. The Sr. Director of Operations drives performance through the development of short and long-term operating goals and standards for continuous improvement, quality, cost reductions, production volumes & efficiencies, and safety. Responsible for financial reporting and providing feedback to management on plants’ profitability and to evaluate improvement against goals.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a multi-site region of commercial baking facilities to ensure each location achieves high performance standards in all manufacturing metrics & KPI’s.
- Lead a culture focused on continuous improvement in the areas of associate engagement, being a zero injury workplace, and delivering sustainable results.
- Partners with peers in matrix organizations including Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality Assurance, R&D, Sales, Human Relations, Finance, and other departments in order to coordinate all phases of operations and provide the best product and service to customers.
- Directly supervises Plant Leaders responsible for all aspects of production and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Development, assessment, modification, and implementation of standard procedures and operating systems in sanitation, safety, quality, preventative maintenance, and GMP’s. Track and ensure adherence to Quality, Safety, and Best Practice Implementation KPI’s.
Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support if the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.