A Senior Director, Research, works closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solves complex, pressing business challenges on a global scale. This person sets the direction for franchise-level research, uncovering best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities. This involves owning or managing priority projects that help clients understand and apply our insights. The projects will be original research, the output of which includes diagnostics, issue briefs, frameworks, tools, case studies, quantitative surveys, and live meetings or webinars.
This Senior Director, Research, works within the Gartner Financial Services Research and Advisory Peer & Practitioner group, which is a subscription-based membership targeting senior executive leaders in financial services (FS) retail, commercial and wealth management lines of business, as well as operational leaders. The peer and practitioner group uses a combination of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to uncover best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities in financial services.
A Senior Director, Research, will:
- Own priority research projects end to end, using a proprietary research process that includes hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Direct and guide the activities of more junior and peer researchers on priority research projects you own.
- Connect and integrate insights across the franchise, and firm, to create new client teaching in the roles FS serves.
- Ensure research has airtight economic conclusions, and effectively both understands and challenges client assumptions.
- Surface any logic problems in content.
- Collaborate with Quantitative researchers to develop surveys and other tools designed to drive the research process forward.
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with financial services executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Leverage multiple content types and Gartner resources in deliverables to meet the specific business needs of the executive roles that you serve. Communicating findings in a clear and compelling manner, this would include using the Research and Advisory network to co-write or co-produce research.
- Present research findings to senior internal audiences, as well as client companies.
- Identify executive needs and inform the development of research around those needs, building frameworks and models to identify new teachings.
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects
- Partner with colleagues in research to develop skills, and improve the research skills of others, helping teams sharpen root causing, hypothesis building, and framing to ensure content is provocative and directly applicable and actionable for clients.
- Collaborate with Executive Advisors and Headliners to ensure research is contextualized for advisory interactions and meetings in a way that will maximize impact.
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- 10+ years of research experience
- 10+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 10+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- 3+ years of experience managing projects end to end, where success includes incorporating multiple points of input, including interviews, quantitative findings, feedback from experts/other researchers, and other points of data.
- Proven communications skills, including authorship of reports, and a superior ability to frame insight in written and visual presentation; experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders.
- Have an implicit/explicit understanding of senior-level executive business challenges.
- Experience and/or exposure to financial services and deep understanding of business strategy.
- Facility or working knowledge of statistical methodologies and experience designing and analyzing surveys.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team environment.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We are trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:26621
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.