Hush Puppies is the go-to footwear, accessory and apparel brand that delivers the right mix of timeless style, dependable comfort and quality. Since 1958, the brand has defined authentic casual style for generations of consumers around the world. Today, Hush Puppies is the favorite shoe for all who embrace the lighthearted spirit and modern style of this iconic brand – represented by our lovable basset hound! With over 17 Million pairs sold every year in over 165 countries around the world, Hush Puppies has become more than a global brand, it's a household name and a cultural icon! We invented casual style, you make it your own. Hush Puppies.
The Senior Director Sales sets strategic direction and provides leadership and general management for the brand’s sales organization. Direct and lead a team to obtain maximum sales volume and deliver high account profitability and productivity.
- Sets vision and strategy for the sales team; develops specific segment plans by product category, channel, and account to ensure growth in all revenue streams
- Responsible for regional Revenue, SGA and Pre-tax – planning, target-setting and delivering the yearly goals. Works with Finance to achieve financial plan.
- Oversee hiring, development and evaluation of a national sales organization, appropriate for the company’s growth and size
- Establish appropriate compensation and incentive programs commensurate with corporate goals
- Establish training programs that fall under specific standards and expectations of excellence in presentation, product knowledge, account management and retail finance(sales, margins, and turns)
- Maintains positive open lines of communication with all Wolverine Worldwide management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Drive process for all sales related tasks in assigned categories, including projections / pre-lines / key account management / sell-in strategy / sell-through strategy.
- Presents selling strategy, marketing initiatives and products to key retailers, sales force and internal personnel in order to ensure efficient sell-in.
- Provide input on prices in accordance with company margin targets.
- Develop all pricing policies, volume discounts, program parameters, discount terms and conditions, and other appropriate incentives.
- Coordinate, lead, and signoff on forecasts in conjunction with sales team, Merchandising, and Planning. Working very closely with Demand Planning and finance.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base in all channels
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred.• Minimum of 10 years of sales experience in the footwear industry or equivalent experience in retail management or buying.• 3+ years of experience at a senior management level, including experience managing multiple channel sales leads.• Solid business management and product management skills.• Strong understanding of the consumer, retail environment and competitive marketplace.• Thorough PC knowledge and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.• Ability to effectively deliver product presentations to business analysts, media, retailers, sales force and large groups verbally, and express complex concepts and technical material in written format.• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict timelines while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.• Identify/evaluate problem areas and recommend effective solutions.• Strong leader, communicator and analytical thinker with the ability to build team dynamics and relationships cross-functionally.
WORKING CONDITIONS• Normal office environment.• Frequent travel is required.• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.• Flexibility to work outside normal hours to meet deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).