Nike’s Value Marketplace Analytics is the consumer centric analytics team that will provide understanding of the value consumer, value shopping behaviors and trends, and inform value concepts, strategies and executions through the delivery of analytics and insights derived from internal and external data sources. The vision is to drive best-in-class value experiences that also support commercial goals and growth strategics.
Working at Nike is a unique opportunity, and we are looking for a professional who is passionate about our brand, energetic and proactive, and who thrives on working with and applying data and technology.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Director, Value Marketplace Analytics. First and foremost, you’re a passionate people leader who loves to coach, develop, lead and inspire your team! You have a consistent track record of catalyzing insights to action, particularly in retail experiences, as well as excel in multi-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced organization. You’re amazing at using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods needed to develop a deep understanding of consumer needs and opportunities. We are looking for an experienced professional who understands retail business dynamics and applies insights to drive decisions proactively. Lastly, you present sophisticated ideas, so they’re easy to understand and apply.
Who will you work with?
In this role you will lead a consumer-centric analytics team focused on providing the Value Marketplace team with measurable insights to support the new coordinated and integrated value marketplace strategy, to serve the value consumer and shopping occasion, and to translate into member growth and commercial outcomes.
Your core partners are leaders from the Value Marketplace, as well as analytics leaders for other Nike Direct Analytics divisions,
What will your responsibilities be?
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of leaders that blend applied and strategic roles; be responsible for handling performance, goals and development potential of these leaders and their teams
- Set team strategy to enable the design and execution of scalable end-to-end solutions that holistically blend analytics and research
- Drive the application and implementation of modern analytics and research methods and tools to derive impactful insights for a wide variety of business goals.
- Own strategic relationships with leaders across Nike’s Value Marketplace to understand current and anticipate future business needs that can be facilitated by the application of research, analytics and experimentation
- Work in a diverse environment and successfully lead across multiple functions of the business, including switching workstreams and handling multiple levels of requests
- Collaborate with peer leaders across the Consumer Insights function to ensure unified consistent approaches that serve many parts of the Nike business
- Recognize multiple short and long term business outcomes and incentivize team to prioritize action against them appropriately
- Create and cultivate an environment that values and promotes autonomy, skill mastery, empowerment, openness, innovation, and continuous learning
- Build trust and drive business adoption of your solutions with partners
- Stay abreast of and apply industry and technology trends as well as emerging tools and techniques relevant to the team’s disciplines
- Champion an environment of continuous learning and individual improvement across your organization through training and knowledge sharing
- 10+ years experience in retail and analytics
- Bachelor’s in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Demonstrable ability to plan, lead, execute and deliver relevant qualitative and quantitative insight solutions
- Expertise in synthesizing findings that translate into significant insights
- Excellent communications skills; in particular, the ability to clearly communicate critical in-depth insights (including technical content) to business partners
- Ability to think strategically regarding the application of data and research
- A deep expertise in retail and a firm grasp of omnichannel business dynamics
- Strong problem solving and analytical approach combined with excellent critical thinking skills
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members, business partners and senior leadership
- Able to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Expert understanding of and demonstrable ability to deliver complex data systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve both people and process related issues
- Executive level presentation and communication experience
- Familiarity with Nike’s physical merchandise and company history