Our client is a multi-$BB IT consulting firm seeking a Subject Matter Expert with background in the Drug Discovery/Research world in Pharma/Medical Devices. The individual will drive Advisory Services and Delivery, for pharmaceutical and medical devices companies. They will provide specific domain expertise and thought leadership across the industry landscape to the firm’s sales and delivery consultants.
Prospects much have:
- More than fifteen years of experience in the Life Sciences (LS) industry (incl. Pharma, Biotech, Medical Devices) Research with experience in the areas of Scientific / Discovery Informatics, Drug Discovery or Product Development
- Strong experience Life Sciences Research areas, with Consulting / Advisory company , global pharmaceutical company / IT Company
- For the domain area of expertise above, has a thorough understanding of Business Processes, KPIs, Challenges, and Industry Trends and Regulations
- Nice to have: Experience in Clinical Development and/or Operations or Drug Safety
- Has experience with IT enablement and business transformations, and holistic knowledge of Business and IT Landscape for the domain area of experience above.
- Has familiarity with conducting Business Process Reviews, Business Process Improvements, IT Landscape Assessment, IT simplification, driving the adoption of new technology
- Experience in developing business aligned IT solutions leveraging latest technologies. Familiar with usual office software plus selected or dedicated (as per focus area above) relevant domain-specific packages
- Direct working experience in the LS related industry for a minimum of 5 years
- Strong team building skills, strategy, and operations thinking, solution & result orientation, intercultural competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills – development and delivery
- Good public speaking/publishing record
- Coaching and mentoring teams with strong domain expertise for the R&D domain
- Good understanding of life sciences industry global trends, regulations, guidelines, and directives
- Drives Advisory opportunity discovery, sales and execution. Helps shape an end state vision for clients’ businesses –Drug Discovery or Research areas
- Guides clients in the adoption of leading-edge business processes and best practices; get the best thinking from his/her staff and client team members, in their implementation
- Confidently and effectively manages client stakeholders and Company resources to deliver results
- Participates in supporting executive level client Steering Committee meetings; can manage conflict resolution among various stakeholders/staff to successfully support change management initiatives.
- Where needed, in an owner or supporter role, drafts proposals, plans phased project execution, develops detailed project plans and manages program budgets and costs; fosters shared accountability for the results-based implementation plan
- Facilitates the development of Life Sciences asset advancements by submissions to the Company’s intellectual capital repository.
- PhD / Post Graduation in Sciences / Engineering Graduate or Post Graduate
- MBA is preferred