POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. e. Learning Technology Specialist will be the subject expert on Genesis HealthCare's online learning management system. The online learning system is utilize by Clinical Professionals to continue their training and learning through a single, online portal. He/She should be able to to reconfigure online platforms, and be the expert to troubleshoot any technical difficulties.
1. Material contributor to the development, implementation and support of the vitalLearn learning management system within Genesis. Active participant in all of the project and platform activities and tasks.
2. Collaborate with the business subject area experts, content creators and instructors to transition their existing learning and training content into vitalLearn. Work across all business lines to ensure proper setup and system support for complex learning activities/programs within the LMS.
3. Reconfigure existing learning/training to work within an on-line learning platform. Define program and course structure, transition the content to an on-line format, define course activities, and pull / consolidate course related information into the course (e.g. reference materials, instructor notes, web-links). Recommends best practice solutions to any request or related issues within the LMS and learning activity configurations
4. Take technical ownership for the on-line content assigned, managing it through the entire life-cycle; development, QA, testing, production and related changes and enhancements. Project management your assignments end-to-end.
5. Communicate with 3rd parties on the acquisition, integration and/or coordination of their content into the LMS environment. Provide a fresh perspective to their content, and reengineer it to work and function effectively in vitalLearn. (e.g. Omnicare Omniview, SigmaCare...).
6. Develop expert level skills in the vitalLearn LMS platform, on-line e-learning and authoring technology, and general HTML, image, audio, and video editing technology, covering all aspects of on-line education development and maintenance.
7. Develop interactive and highly-engaging on-line e-Learning courses with critical attention to effectiveness, efficiency, workflow and knowledge acquisition and retention. Bring creativity and innovative ideas to the process in partnering with the business.
8. Provide technical support for the business' use of the e-learning and authoring technology. Provide training and operational support as needed.
9. Provide support for LMS administration as needed including catalog management, security management, technical interface support, and vitalLearn use by authorized 3rd parties (non-Genesis employees, e.g. HCSG).
10. Work diligently to provide a high-quality, effective and efficient on-line learning environment for the Genesis employees. Continually work to improve the quality of the course materials and learning experience.
11. Update project work and status in the Genesis Teamwork environment.
12. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. BS or BA Degree preferred. 2. Minimum 7 years experience developing, enhancing and maintaining on-line instructional programs and courses. Proven successful implementation of same 3. Proven knowledge and technical skills in the use and implementation of: a) eLearning authoring tools, such as: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, etc. , b) HTML, image, audio, and video editing technology. (Java Script and CSS strongly preferred.) c) SCORM (1.2) compliant modules. 4. E-learning experience in a healthcare business or for healthcare customers preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled