Are you an expert in Earned Value Management Systems?
Do you want to work on exciting Space Missions?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Senior Earned Value Analyst / Scheduler to provide Control Account Management (CAM) Support by being the point of contact for Earned Value requirements for a given subsystem supporting the Europa Clipper Mission. This includes scheduling/planning support, cost estimating support, monthly performance status support, and variance analysis based on contract performance reports (CPRs). Technical leads will be available for input, but the selected individual will attend technical meetings and reviews in order to, over time, reduce reliance on input from technical lead.
As a Senior Earned Value Analyst you will provide...
- Earned Value Implementation – Support development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, BAC and EAC. Interact with Project Management, technical leads, contracts and subcontractors to insure that project contractual, cost and schedule requirements are met.
- Provide planning support - Responsibilities include the set-up of a project plan for the given subsystem on a major Space project, providing scheduling support for project schedules, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintain project plans throughout the lifecycle.
- Cost Estimating support – Provide labor, travel, and procurement estimates for the subsystem. Support baselining effort, changes to baseline, as well as normal periodic Estimate to Complete (ETC) revisions.
- Performance Status Support – Provide monthly status on subsystem’s performance against baselined scheduled activities.
- Variance Analysis – Use contract performance reports (CPRs) to provide monthly analysis of any cost and schedule variances against the baseline when variances exceed a predetermined threshold.
- A Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- A minimum 5 years of experience working in a related environment.
- Proficiency in the use of project management scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Solid PM knowledge and experience.
- A background in EVMS. Experience working in the development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Familiar with the tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, and EAC.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of independent operations and attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project proficiency.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- A background in Aerospace technical/engineering field preferred.
- Experience with Cobra reporting tool, PM Compass, and EMPOWER analysis reporting tool, working towards Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.