Earned Value Implementation– Support development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, BAC and EAC. Interact with Project Management, technical leads, contracts and subcontractors to insure that project contractual, cost and schedule requirements are met.
1. Provide planning support- Responsibilities include the set-up of a project plan for the given subsystem on a major Space project, providing scheduling support for project schedules, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintain project plans throughout the lifecycle.
2. Cost Estimating support –Provide labor, travel, and procurement estimates for the subsystem. Support baselining effort, changes to baseline, as well as normal periodic Estimate to Complete (ETC) revisions.
3. Performance Status Support –Provide monthly status on subsystem’s performance against baselined scheduled activities.
4. Variance Analysis –Use contract performance reports (CPRs) to provide monthly analysis of any cost and schedule variances against the baseline when variances exceed a predetermined threshold.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience working in a related environment.
- Proficient in the use of project management scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Solid PM knowledge and experience.
- Background in EVMS. Experience working in the development and implementation of EVMS that is compliant with the EIA 748C standards. Familiar with the tracking and analysis of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, and EAC.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of independent operations and attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project proficiency.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding environment.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.