Senior editor/reporter to oversee the editorial paywall content of Newsmax.com
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Focus on politics and national news with health, financial and world news coverage
· Come up with story ideas and also approve story ideas from staff and freelancer.
· Write accurate, strong and engaging headlines and copy
· Manage staff and freelancers in producing copy for Platinum, the paywall section of website.
· Some reporting may be required.
· Ability to work and interface with social media team
· Write and report quickly on breaking news, assign stories to key staff
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· 3+ years experience as an editor for online or other publications
· Computer knowledge: document editing software, like Microsoft Word
· Must be highly organized to track workflow at fast pace
· Experience using online CMS or ability to learn
· Great communication and interpersonal skills
· Understanding traffic analytics
· Ability to multi-task and to work on deadline
· Position is based in either New York City or Boca Raton, Fla. office
· Salary 150k+
starting at $150,000.00 /year