NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Performs calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package as directed by engineers, senior engineers or project managers. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering systems/solutions.
- Prepare studies, perform field surveys, document existing conditions, and/or recommend design solutions.
- Obtains field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. Make assessments of existing field conditions using knowledge of engineering systems (mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing) design and operation. Document existing conditions as required. May require occasional overnight travel.
- May communicate and attend meetings with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- May occasionally take another engineer’s rough plan mark-ups and create final design documents
- Works with senior engineers to determine the most appropriate concept for the engineering system being design or re-designed.
- Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package, guided occasionally by more senior staff members.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions.
- Performs CAD functions proficiently in discipline and will use AutoCAD software to transfer design concepts to a format (AutoCAD) acceptable to the client, architect and/or construction company.
- May have a two year college degree with several years of experience or have no degree and 5-10 years experience developing plans and specifications in the electrical discipline. May also have a four year college degree (non-technical) and several years of relevant experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of the engineering principles in the electrical discipline
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.