Requisition ID: 79319
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
• Coordinates with project team by utilizing the Project Database: Request for Review Process, Holds List, ECN, Request for information from other disciplines, and all other applicable functions.
• Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
• Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups.
• Design duct bank, embedded conduit, cable tray, grounding and lighting systems from concept to completion utilizing engineering documents, sketches or vendor data.
• Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Routes electrical cables in a 3D environment to generate a cable schedule.
• Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs
• Perform calculations to check allowable fill in conduits and cable tray systems according to NEC requirements and size pull boxes.
• Perform calculations to size pull boxes according to NEC requirements.
• Gathers information needed to develop design and verify voltage separation requirements are met.
• Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
• Analyze, inspect, and construct designs while adhering to electrical quality standards and department procedures.
• Provides lessons learned throughout the project by utilizing the Lessons Learned database.
• Complete as-builts by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
• Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
• 8-15 years experience in electrical design and/or electrical controls design.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
• Associate’s or vocational degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Three to five years’ of power plant design experience or related field experience preferred but not required.
• Experience utilizing engineering design programs (MicroStation, AutoCAD, SmartPlant 3D, Visual, Navisworks) and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
• Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
• Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
• Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Electrical, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Drafting, Engineering, Finance