The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
- Cleveland, OH
As a Senior Electrical Engineering at DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky you will be responsible for leading the design of electrical systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of building types. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thought leader with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky is 100% employee owned and as such you�ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You'd be responsible for leading the design process of electrical building systems and preparing detailed electrical engineering drawings and calculations.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and perform analysis, design and documentation of large and/or complex building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm, security, audio/visual and telecommunications systems.
- Serve as electrical systems specialist, conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope/complexity and devise solutions.
- Prepare, coordinate and complete an electrical systems construction documents package.
- Conduct quality control review of projects.
- Enforce guidelines, quality control, standards and details.
- Meet with clients, project teams, code officials, contractors and others to address electrical discipline issues and to develop effective working relationships.
- Visit construction sites as required for observation, answering contractor questions, or representing the owner in preparing punch lists. Prepare, review and approve CA field observation reports.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- 10+ years of experience working as an electrical engineer, including the design of power distribution, lighting, lighting controls, security, audio/visual and telecommunications systems and fire alarm systems.
- A Bachelor�s degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the design and construction process and the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- Familiarity with the NEC, NFPA, and all local codes and supplements.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit and lighting calculation software such as AGI32 or Visual.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- LEED accreditation.
- Proficiency in SKM or other electrical systems evaluation programs.
DLR Group | Westlake Reed Leskosky is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.