Job Code: B47
Title: Senior, Electrical Engineer/Flight and Propulsion Controls
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Are you looking for a rewarding and impactful new opportunity? Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior, Electrical Engineer/Flight and Propulsion Controls supporting the Nuclear Weapons Acquisition Division, AFLCMC/NDB, Eglin AFB FL, which is part of the AF Nuclear Weapons Center. This Division has responsibility for developing, testing, and producing systems and components related to nuclear strategic weapon systems for our nation's warfighters. These products include the B61-12 Tailkit Assembly and the Long Range Standoff (LRSO) missile
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assess flight and propulsion control concepts, preliminary designs and allocated baselines and detailed designs related to flight and propulsion control systems for the LRSO cruise missile.
- Assess the performance predictions of weapon concepts, preliminary, and detailed designs.
- Review and provide input to trade studies for flight control and propulsion control systems design and implementation. Assess the strengths and risks of the flight control and propulsion control approaches.
- Review and provide input to System Engineering Technical Reviews and engineering and test documentation to support design and development of the system.
- US Citizen
- Current DOD Top Secret Clearance (updated within six years)
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering +15 years relevant experience OR Ph.D. in Engineering +5 years relevant experience
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Travel Required; Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.