Requisition ID: 81944
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on projects that will impact millions across North America.
With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power, water, solar, wind, and industrial projects.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, perform bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and develop recommendations for contract award.
• Lead the preparation of electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilize standard methods and project principles.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintain a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines and provide suggestions and recommendations as needed.
• Lead project teams including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and Engineering in Training (EIT) license
• Professional Engineer (PE) license strongly preferred.
• At least ten years’ experience performing electrical engineering related duties
• Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
• Experience in field construction or startup work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Minimal travel is required, primarily in North America (5-15%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Construction, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical, Water Treatment, Engineering