Are you willing to make a difference?
Sr. Electrical Engineer
At Kulicke and Soffa, (NASDAQ:KLIC) our engineers make that decision daily. We are an international leading provider of robotic semiconductor packaging and electronic assembly solutions supporting the global automotive, consumer, communications, computing and industrial segments. Meaningâ€¦medical equipment (including ventilators), cell phones, autonomous automobiles, computers, space operations â€¦all of these use products that our equipment helps to make.
Our new Senior Electrical Engineer will join our growing Wedge Bonding team located in Santa Ana, California. At our facility we house the complete R&D center of excellence with all disciplines under one roof allowing you the opportunity to interface with engineers in different functions. You will be part of our Electrical Engineering Department consisting of 5 dedicated colleagues that collaborate with one another to develop electrical designs for our high-tech assembly equipment. You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team and will be encouraged to take on the responsibility of a broad range of tasks. Although our products and solutions are complex you will be personally influencing the end results. Within K&S you will be working in an informal atmosphere, solving challenging projects and developing personal growth.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at K&S you will be responsible for the electrical design development of our semi-conductor assembly equipment (Wedge Bonder). Your work will concentrate on power, analog and digital circuitry for subsystems such as motor drivers, power amplifiers, motion controller, and wire detection and control. In order to define subsystem specifications, design, analyze, build electronic circuits and debug at system level you will collaborate with other engineering disciplines (i.e. process, mechanical, software and systems engineering).
We are looking for a bright Electrical Engineer with strong design and development skills and a passion for complex systems. You will be challenged to explore a lot of areas within technology and gain unique knowledge of high-tech equipment engineering.
To be successful in this role you bring:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years working experience in power, analog and digital circuitry design (3 years for Masters).
- Extensive experience in motion control DSP-based electronic hardware design. Knowledge of position-loop PID control is a plus.
- Experience in motor drive electronic hardware design for voice coils, AC/DC servo motors, stepper motors. Possess the knowledge of high power PWM circuit / PCB design.
- Extensive experience with FPGA programming in VHDL or Verilog HDL. DSP programming experience is a plus.
- Experience with analog designs consisting of digital front end interface, D/A converters, various gain & filter stages, feedback from various sensors & encoders, interfacing A/D converters, piezo drivers and power amplifiers.
- Knowledge on VME, PCIe, RS485, Ethernet, LVDS, and Serdes is a plus.
- Knowledge of machine level electrical system architecture design is a plus.
- What we have to offer: Competitive salary with bonus, 401K, innovative work environment that can offer cross functional challenging projects, variety and continual learning growth is a given not a maybe, supportive/friendly/brilliant co-workers rated highest in satisfaction from our internal employee survey.
- We began as a start-up and now 65 years later as a successful public corporation, still retain the spirit of offering our core values to employees and customers alike. With R&D centers of excellence in the USA, Europe and Asia, we bring together todayâ€™s generation of talent, collaborating on tomorrowâ€™s technologies. For more information, please forward your resume to us.
- Kulicke & Soffa is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Powered by JazzHR