Requisition ID: 34150
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
The Senior Hardware Project Manager will be a key driver of the company's Global Planning Phases Zero through Two. Lead the development of new hardware modules alongside with our hardware engineers, defining projects schedules, tracking cost and scope. Influence portfolio planning and delivery through driving roadmap execution and proper resource allocation. The successful candidate will establish strong and sustaining connections with our key stakeholders, including but not limited to software teams, system integration teams, V&V and external vendors.
- Determine Project Budget and Resource plans which are aligned, including management systems to be followed with guidelines
- Project management system (PPM) and Electronics Project management
- Hardware Program and Project portfolio management
- Create, share and drive project plans, schedules and the hardware (HW) delivery activities.
- Interface with suppliers and platform key stakeholders where applicable
- Ensure the right resources are allocated to deliver to the plan.
- Report resourcing and project HW Status Weekly with reminders
- Develop, Track & publish Cost take-out initiatives on a weekly basis.
- Project Resource and Budget reviews to ensure projects are on track.
- At G1 ensure that resourcing is in the management tool (GRP/PPM) per plan prior to leadership approval.
- Change management in place to manage the changes to the budgets, resources.
- Be or become a Subject Matter Expert around project management methods, practices and tools including project plans, schedule tracking, communication tools, risk management, change management and the like.
- Project delivery per plan - Zero delays, at cost, at the right quality
- Electrical and Electronics Architecture delivery.
- Ensure Hardware metrics are clear and delivered per plan.
- Hardware Portfolio liaison
- Be or Become a champion of Whirlpool Product Development Process, Project management system, Program and portfolio management, IBM Rational Team Concert, Risk management and Change management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering design background
- Experience with traditional project management and scheduling tools - Gantt Charts, WBS, MS Project, Smartsheets, IBM RTC Plans (Preferred), Planisware, Agile
- Willing to work with both Global and regional teams
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Experience and knowledge in planning, exceptional thought leader
- Development and Execution Experience. Previous project management experience
- Project Management and good influencer
- Ability to define and execute a major program; driver of change.
- Certified Project Manager
- Resourcing and planning management
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineer, Engineering, Technology