The Hybrid IT Compute Solutions organization is well positioned to be at the center of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, both in terms of strategic and revenue generating importance. The manager of the Synergy Storage team will play a critical role in this organization by leading a hardware engineering team responsible for design, development, and delivery of Synergy Blade Server I/O and Graphics Expander solutions to market.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide leadership and day-to-day management of the design, development, and support of Printed Circuit Boards and Assemblies, and I/O and Graphics Expander hardware products;collaborate with internal teams as well as work with and managing external partners; plan and manage sustaining support for existing products; and act as a key adviser to senior management on the development of strategies and long-term organizational goals.This position will report directly to the Director of Synergy & BladeSystem R&D.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of subordinate engineers and program managers designing and developing engineering solutions and managing projects for electricalsubsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making.
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
- Leads moderate to complex electrical engineering development, support, and improvement activities.
- Anticipates tactical needs and impact on the business.
Education and Experience:
•First level university degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
•Advanced university degree preferred.
•Typically 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills
•Strong leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
•Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
•Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
•Experienced in managing people across geographies to achieve desired results.
•Strong communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery of English.
•High level of business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
•Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
•Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
•Good understanding of HP’s policies and processes.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities. HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.