As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting through the Engineering organization, the Electro Mechanical Technician will be fabricating electronic and electromechanical test fixtures, testing new production boards and assemblies, performing failure analysis on boards or assemblies, and performing component-level rework. This will involve using standard electronic test equipment to test new production boards or assemblies as well as debug failed boards or assemblies to the component level. The technician will then be responsible for the repair of these assemblies. The technician will also assist the Engineering staff in fabricating and validating new test fixtures or in documenting test fixtures for production use.
- Assembles, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies, documents and maintains developmental, prototype electromechanical systems, equipment, components and parts by performance of the following duties.
- Assembles experimental circuitry, components, installation specifications and/or actual equipment design or operator to simplify assembly, installation, operation and maintenance.
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specification and functional limitations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to fabricate small electronic and electromechanical assemblies under engineering supervision, with minimal formal documentation.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Electronic Soldering skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- AA degree in electronics.
- 10+ years’ experience working in the electronics industry.
- Familiarity with common electronic test equipment.
- Familiarity with Mil Spec Electronic standards is desirable.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.