MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in the Colorado Springs area in filling a strategic position that brings with it an incredible career opportunity to help build their team in a strategic area of Embedded Software Engineering!!
Do you have a passion for Embedded C, C++, Python and Linux development? Do you eat, sleep, and dream about working with and coding microprocessors? Do you have a love for working with customers and solving problems? This position may be for you!!!
Client is hiring a C/C++/Python Embedded Software Engineer with Linux & hardware interface experience.
- #1 Importance: write complete code
- Design software features to meet product requirements
- Write technical specifications and assist with functional specifications
- Troubleshoot and debug existing products and perform new development in embedded environment – candidate must be familiar with programming and troubleshooting at the IC level
- Research networking protocols and practices, development techniques and quality improvement methods, and share your knowledge with the team
- Validate products against standards documents
- Work with and support production and customer service
- Create test documentation/procedures and test/validate programs
Skilled candidate with 5+ years’ experience and knowledge of:
- Embedded software development experience in Linux & hardware environments (Developing with Linux / Python / C / C++)
- Experience with networking technologies and protocols (snmp, RS-232, RS-485, SPI, TCP/IP, UDP, HDLC) at a low level
- Familiarity with radio and cellular communications protocols
- Ability to build menu interfaces
- Microcontroller families: TI (i.e. Beaglebone Black) ST, Microchip
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, testing, diagnosing, and supporting production software
- Translate incomplete/ambiguous/verbal requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, and complete tasks independently
- Ability to quickly switch tasks between several projects
Some minimal travel may be required – 5%
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Client does not provide H1B support