At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for designing, developing and testing firmware for our products.
- Creating design specification, and participation in software design and implementation activities.
- Working with other project leads and team members to develop our final product.
- Ensuring that our product is completed according to or exceeding function, time, cost and other parameters by:
- Integrating complex interacting subsystems
- Drilling through several layers of existing code to find and resolve intricate problems
- Developing new firmware/software components to extend existing base to new functions
- Debugging and resolving firmware issues
- 6-8+ years’ experience in developing firmware for embedded systems.
- Experience with working on a variety of embedded processors, SOC’s and micro-controllers.
- Architecting, designing and developing firmware for various hardware interfaces.
- Experience in implementing known processes for unit and feature testing of software.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems fundamentals.
- Experience developing Device Drivers; preferably in UNIX/ Linux Kernel environments.
- Proven experience in debugging of complex hardware/software issues.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously. Experience with planning for short- and long-term tasks.
- Desire to work both independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment leading complex projects.
- SW: C, C++
- Education: BSEE, BSCS or equivalent years of industry work experience. Masters preferred but not required.
- Experience with Node.js and Web based protocols like WAMP, REST etc. is a plus.
- Experience with OpenSUSE, KIWI and zypper also a big plus.
- Experience with boot loaders like u-boot, BIOS with grub preferred.
No third-party resumes will be accepted.
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.