Mitchell & Genex have Merged
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers.
Together, we bring two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Mitchell is looking for a skilled Internal Communications Manager to join our People & Workplace (HR) team in San Diego, CA. In this important role, you will shape and execute communication and change management efforts in support of key strategic initiatives that advance Mitchell’s people and business objectives. If you’re passionate about engaging talent, influencing change, developing communications strategies and you thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Serve as the internal communications and change management expert within the People & Workplace organization
- Partner closely with the EVP of People & Workplace and other C-level executives and senior leaders to establish an organizational narrative and key messages and work across channels to ensure the right message is delivered to the right internal audience at the right time
- Partner with People & Workplace leaders and stakeholders from across the company to coordinate and prioritize competing communications needs and messages to ensure the most effective and streamlined experience for colleagues
- Draft messages or scripts from the CEO and C-level executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Create or review communications content tailored to multiple audiences and sensitive to organizational change dynamics. Content may include emails, announcements, articles, newsletters, SharePoint content, presentations, videos and training.
- Develop company presentations for All Hands meetings; manage internal communications channels
- Work with senior leaders and colleagues to help implement comprehensive change management plans that drive effective change, increase employee engagement and keep colleagues informed and inspired
- Provide tactical partnership, support and documentation for key change management efforts
- Lead and administer Mitchell's social responsibility programs, including Community Volunteer Opportunities, Dollars for Doers and Matching Gifts
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business, marketing or related field
- 5+ years in communications or change management with demonstrated experience producing organization-wide communications and communication strategies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to translate complex issues into simple messaging
- Ability and agility to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Confidence and poise to work closely with senior leaders and on sensitive change and communication efforts
- Demonstrated ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers
- Ability to create and execute detailed project plans
- Proven ability to drive multiple projects with tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Outstanding ability to capture the executive’s voice and elevate their content and presence
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional and geographic boundaries and at all levels in the organization
- Familiarity with intranet design and content management software (e.g., SharePoint, WordPress); experience with Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Merger and Acquisition experience is a plus
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.