Job Location: Cary NC
Role Value Proposition:
The Senior Systems Engineer position is responsible for research, evaluation, design, engineering and implementation of MetLife's enterprise data management and integration systems, the underlying infrastructure, and integrations with other enterprise systems and applications using AIX, Linux, or Microsoft technologies. The Senior Engineer will also provide technical leadership to the engineering team, various levels of management, vendors, operations staff, peers, business users and application developers as needed.
- Provide technical expertise in the planning, engineering, design, implementation and support of data management and integration system infrastructures and technologies. This includes the systems operational procedures and processes.
- Partner with the Capacity Management, Production Management, Application Development Teams and the Business to ensure customer expectations are maintained and exceeded.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products and technologies, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Identify and resolve complex data management and integration system issues (Tier 3 support) utilizing product knowledge and structured troubleshooting tools and techniques.
- Support Disaster Recovery implementation and testing as required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in an Engineering capacity (planning, design, implementation, configuration, upgrades, migrations, troubleshooting and support) of highly available Enterprise systems using Linux or Windows to host the vendor data management and integration product suites
- 3+ years of experience working in an Engineering capacity (planning, design, implementation, configuration, troubleshooting and support) on Linux or Windows vendor application server infrastructures.
- 1+ year of experience working with RDBMS technologies (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Accomplished highly motivated and results driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Technical leadership, ability to think strategically and effectively communicate solutions to various levels of management
- Hands-on experience in design and developing Automation/Scripting (shell, Perl, PowerShell, Python, Java…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Experience with Informatica Product suite: PowerCenter, PowerExchange, Data Quality, Big Data Management, Managed File Transfer, B2B DataExchange, Metadata Manager, and Master Data Management
- Experience with Big Data Ecosystem: Hortonworks Data Platform, HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Kafka and related data integration technologies
- An understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Availability technologies including: Virtualization, Clustering, Data Replication, Server Farms
Global Infrastructure Technology Operations- System Engineering
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 109747