Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to seek their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to pursue a new career, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express
Don’t make a difference without it
Don’t live life without it
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides a platform that enables business applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Come join the Hybrid Cloud Team in building the next generation of public and private cloud platforms.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, global scale enterprise wide private PaaS/IaaS cloud platform with an Open Source technology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Force.com?
Then you should consider this innovative and disruptive opportunity where you can be a key transformative contributor to a world-class engineering team which will ensure stability of the next generation enterprise application platform (PaaS/xPaaS/DBaaS/MLaaS) for American Express.
The goal of the team is to build a robust platform as a service in support of hosting application both in the private cloud environment as well as in multiple public cloud provides. The platform will need to be robust and able to run thousands of workloads across multiple continents.
- Be the key owner and pioneer of several large projects in the hybrid owning all technical aspects of software development, focused cloud platform enablement.
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems specifically as it pertains to public clouds, Kubernetes, service mesh, and Terraform.
- Ability to understand systems and architectures to quickly identify potential problems.
- Assists in implementing solutions for cloud platform enablement.
- Sees opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Using cutting-edge technologies to implement a hybrid cloud automation to enable services.
- Understand the current implementation of the cloud platform and look for improvements to the platform and dependencies.
- Work with Product Owners to understand upcoming features and ensure proper design.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of software development experience in one OO programming language: Java, Python, Go, Node.js
- 3 years of Linux Experience.
- Confirmed support of production systems at scale.
- Understanding of good cloud architecture to ensure high availability while ensuring the highest level of security and visibility.
- 1 years of experience with Infrastructure automation tools, Terraform preferred, with a focus on immutable infrastructure and Infrastructure as code practice.
- Understanding of Traffic Flow Management, to include Service Mesh concepts, with experience in Istio preferred, as well as how GTM and LTMs manage traffic flows.
- Experience with Logging and Monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, Dynatrace, or AppDynamics.
- Experience in public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 2 Years of Experience with Container & Orchestration Technologies such as Docker, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team should be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business skills you'll use every day, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 11, 2019, 7:49:13 PM