Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job andmaking a difference.
American Express has been making a differencein people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big andsmall, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggestchallenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives ofour people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helpingthem with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs asthey grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spendwith their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a newcareer path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance andmomentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to backour customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides acontainer-native platform built on Kubernetes that enables businessapplications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offersdynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such asPlatform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service,CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment.eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud nativeapplications.
Come join the PaaS Hybrid Cloud Team in building the nextgeneration of public and private cloud platforms.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, globalscale enterprise wide private PaaS/IaaS cloud platform with an Open Sourcetechnology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Force.com?
Then you should consider this innovative and disruptiveopportunity where you can be a key transformative contributor to a world-classengineering team building and maintaining the PaaS platform (PaaS/IaaS) forAmerican Express.
The goal of the team is to continue to build upon a robustplatform as a service in support of hosting applications both in the privatecloud environment as well as in multiple public clouds.
- Collaborates with Other Engineers, Product Managers, Operations Engineers, Quality Engineers to build a Feature Rich, Highly Available, secure & Scalable Platform as a Service Capability.
- Owns technical aspects of software development, focused cloud platform development.
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems as it pertains to private & public clouds, Kubernetes, Istio, Terraform.
- Ability to understand systems and architectures to quickly identify potential problems
- Sees opportunities to adopt innovative technologies by building Proof of Concepts & shape opinions on technologies within the company. We are constantly evaluating technologies such as Cilium, Calico, kNative, Istio
- Builds Next Gen Private Cloud PaaS Solution with Multi-Cluster Federation and Orchestration.
- Builds Integrations with various Info Security Tools, such as HashiCorp Vault, Container Security tools such as Twistlock, Single Sign On Technologies etc.
- Could lead & mentor a team of up to 5 junior engineers to deliver technology solutions
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technologyand life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Using cutting-edge technologies to implement a hybrid cloud platform as a service.
- Understand the current implementation of the cloud platform and look for improvements to the platform and dependencies.
- Work with Product Owners to understand upcoming features and ensure proper design.
Are you up for thechallenge?
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of software development experience in one OO programming language: Java, Python, Go, Node.js
- 3 years of Linux Experience.
- 1 Years of building/running any Containerized Infrastructure at scale.
- Experience in public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure and private cloud (OpenStack) environments.
- 2 Years of Experience with Container & Orchestration Technologies such as Docker, CRI-O, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Knowledge of Linux Networking & Storage is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and use them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team should be able to demonstrate thefollowing technical, functional, leadership and business skills you'll useevery day, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S.is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for thesepositions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2019, 5:46:40 PM