Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....when you are put in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family!
We are looking for a Senior Engineer/ Formulations who will grow at our production facility where we support a variety of goods for the world#39;s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products.
If you enjoy engineering and leading a team of highly effective individuals in a fast-paced, high energy work environment, then you will fit in well as the Senior Engineer/Formulations. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for driving safety, quality, associate development, liquid blending, facility/ continuous improvement activities in our production facility.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Supervise a workforce of approximately 10-12 hourly formulation technicians in a chemical packaging manufacturing environment.
- Provides supervision, plans, and schedules for the operation of the blending equipment and the formulation of product to meet production schedule requirements.
- Ensure a best-in-class Safety, Environmental, and Health culture by leading by example and adhering to and improving upon existing processes and programs.
- Improve quality of processes and identify and implement efficiency improvements.
- Collaborate with a strong and high performing leadership team, including the Shift Supervisors, Technical Manager, Operations Manager, EHSamp;S Manager and Plant Director to drive change and influence.
- Collaborate with the Technical Manager and Maintenance team to ensure facilities systems are at maximum designed reliability, availability, and working at maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the formulation process and associated utility systems.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing experience in a plant environment (preferably in a chemical operation).
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and management techniques.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and the ability to manage, motivate and train others to achieve required goals.
- Must be flexible with respect to diversified assignments.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- A place on an engaged team of passionate colleagues in a growing and dynamic industry.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 12 paid holidays and generous vacation policy.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year’s flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Food and Coffee
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Professional Development
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Work From Home
- Employee Events