Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seeking a Senior Engineer with Secret clearance to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Apply theories and principles of science and mathematics to research and develop economical solutions to electrical generation and distribution problems on surface ships, submarines, and assault craft.
- Review performance specifications, requirements, component drawings, and installation drawings.
- Support on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and working groups and in program reviews and Configuration Control Boards (CCBs). Provide subject matter expertise and assist in completing action items assigned.
- Provide engineering support for ship modernization programs, to include upgrades to shipboard electrical system control equipment and governors and other Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) systems and equipment.
- Provide engineering support for U.S. Navy modernization programs, including LSD-41 and LHD-1 Class Mid Life, Life and LCC-19 Class equipment upgrades, to include Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) engineering, simulation and modeling support for upgrades to shipboard electrical system control equipment and governors.
- Provide Land Based Engineering Site (LBES) and shipboard subject matter expertise and OEM field support for electrical and electrical controls systems and equipment.
- Provide planning and engineering support for ongoing projects and initiatives by reviewing and making recommendations for Electrical Compatibility Test Facility program level documentation and developing specifications for ship hardware.
- Provide support for LBES, OEM and Equipment Qualification Testing test events for electrical, Integrated Power System, Integrated Fight Through Power and Hybrid Electric Drive equipment, by developing, updating and reviewing test procedures, witnessing tests, and reviewing test reports and waiver/deviation documentation.
- Perform analyses to determine shock testing requirements for new electrical equipment and equipment upgrades.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, and Clearance Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited College or University.
- Ability to obtain secret clearance.
Preferred Skill Sets of Qualified Candidates
- Five years' experience providing design and engineering support for U.S. Navy shipboard electrical generation and distribution systems and equipment, including conceptual designs for equipment back fits, ship alteration package development (design drawings and test procedures), and feasibility evaluations for proposed replacements of shipboard generators and switchboards.
- Active Secret clearance.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.