Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s Oil & Gas Upstream Services offers independent, mission-critical expertise to the Exploration & Production (E&P) industry. Intertek provides technical support for a wide range of E&P activities, including laboratory and field services for petroleum and natural gas reservoir and production optimization. Our scientists, engineers, and technicians are strategically located to support our clients, and have years of upstream industry experience.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer/Project Manager to join our team, focusing on the technical areas of EOR/IOR, PVT and Fluid Phase Behavior, and Special Core Analysis. Under the supervision of the Program Manager or Senior Project Manager, the Senior Engineer/Project Manager will provide technical oversight, project work instructions, and coordination of project deliverables in coordination with Laboratory Managers or Supervisors.
This will be a full-time position located at our Westport Technology Center in Houston, Texas. Westport is the flagship office of Intertek’s Upstream Services, and is one of the largest integrated laboratories in the world focused on Exploration and Production solutions.
- In consultation with Program or Senior Project Managers, design laboratory programs, set deliverable timelines, and continuously gain experience in project management skills.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Intertek’s technical capabilities.
- Discuss technical issues with Program or Senior Project Managers, Lab Supervisors and Lab Technicians.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work.
- Submit laboratory work instructions to Lab Managers or Supervisors.
- Monitor progress against project schedules and budgets.
- Prepare technical reports and other project specific documentation as required.
- Assist in the training of less experienced employees; be a mentor.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering.
- Must have knowledge of industry-accepted experimental protocols and the ability to process and QC experimental data.
- Able to use Excel, Word and petroleum-related software to record and process lab data and generate technical reports.
- Must possess a positive attitude, good communication skills, and be able to multitask on several projects simultaneously.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.