Summary of Position:
A Shipping and Receiving Clerk will examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy. The Shipping and Receiving clerk will record shipment data such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
• Preparing documents such as work orders or bills of lading
• Corresponding with establishment representatives to rectify problems
• Packing, sealing, labeling, or affixing postage to prepare materials for transport
• Using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter
• Contacting carrier representatives to make transport arrangements
• Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly
• Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
• Examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items. Appropriately report/record any discrepancies to Sales Manager
• To accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner
• Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, crates, or other containers
• Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas
• Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
• Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base
• Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
• Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company vehicle
1. Organization Skills
2. Teamwork Capacity
4. Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 40% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 50lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma Required, 1-3 Years of Experience
• Able to work well in a team setting and under immediate supervision
• Highly organized and have great communication skills, must be able to work independently under no supervision
• Knowledge of common Warehouse procedures
• Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
• Forklift and/or pallet jack experience, a plus
• Must have consistent and reliable means of transportation
• Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
• Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US
• Shipping/ Receiving Associate must be comfortable driving a box truck (NO CDL required) as well as have a good driving record and prior shipping/ receiving experience
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Shipping / Receiving Clerk