At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops and/or leads teams in studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon’s electric generation, transmission, substation and distribution facilities/systems with focus on the substation equipment.
Prescribes the preventive and predictive maintenance program task requirements for substation system components and/or systems including protective relaying and SCADA, monitors maintenance program performance and evaluates need to modify program requirements due to increased failure trends and/or emergent failure modes.
Evaluate and manage adverse substation including protective relaying and SCADA material condition issues on an ongoing basis to improve equipment and system reliability, operability, and preservation while utilizing efficient applications of financial resources. Perform and implement enhanced substation asset health analytics to manage aging substation assets by optimizing their operating life and maximizing the return on investment as part of an overall investment strategy. Ensures substation equipment regulatory maintenance commitments are met.
Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers by challenging project scope as needed through PVAs. as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Acts as recognized technical authority in a specialized engineering area. Participate in industry groups as ComEd or Exelon representative. Challenges risk scores as needed to support LRP process.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Leads and performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise.
- Leads and performs engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and leads projects that have significant financial and operational impact.
- Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Performs assignments while acting independently, and may lead multi-discipline teams.
- Serves as an expert in specialized area.
- Acts as an expert witness or provide expert opinions as required.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides training and/or guidance to others.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Eight or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
Minimum of three related career experiences (4)
(i. e. , changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Lead Member of a recognized industry committee OR
- Professional Engineers License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
-(1) Masters degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
-(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
-(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
-(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e. g. , in the case of an employee with both a masters degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster