Logistics done differently.
Do you get a kick out of watching software unfold before your eyes? At XPO Logistics, the fastest-growing company on the Fortune 500, we invest over $450 million in technology every year so that we can continue to develop state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. As the Senior Software Engineer (Technical Architecture), you will provide technical leadership, including the design, development and delivery of business technology-enabled applications, products and services. You will also maintain standards and patterns, developer tools and technology upgrades. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Coordinate technical tasks and ensure teams are working efficiently to deliver projects on time; lead the development/support of specific IT areas and systems
- Investigate and propose new tools and frameworks to deliver quality products faster; identify and communicate risks to the business
- Lead all technical aspects of the software development life cycle; maintain roadmap of adopted technologies, assist with technology research and proof of concept/technology, build and maintain developer tools
- Perform code reviews and ensure code reusability and use of standards, patterns and best practices to drive consistency across all applications; identify opportunities for refactoring code to enhance maintainability and reduce technical debt
- Build and maintain tools for continuous integration, build and release management
- Guide a team in creating the technical design that aligns with functional and performance requirements
- Mentor developers to help resolve technical roadblocks
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent technology discipline
- 5 years of experience in a relevant software development environment including creating business applications with relational and non-relational database systems within a fast-paced software development environment
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in a developer/engineer role
- Advanced knowledge of IT software development methodologies and processes in an Agile environment; ability to keep current with emerging application integration trends and technologies
- Strong proficiency as a lead developer, systems engineer or integration specialist
- Ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications and maintain thorough knowledge of internal company software applications related to position/business unit
It’d be great if you also have:
- Transportation and logistics industry experience
- High level of learning agility
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical settings with well-developed active listening and presentation skills; solid project management, time management and prioritization skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.