Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
We are at a transformational moment in our company journey - and we’re so excited about it. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture, and to accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our purpose is to help customers improve business performance with Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Cloud and Live Business Identity, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to this purpose. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
You will be managing and building a team focused on developing our industry-leading, highly scalable, SaaS based Customer Data Platform, ranked as a Leader in B2B Customer Data Platform Report by independent research firm Forrester Research in 2019. This team is expanding quickly to tackle exciting challenges with our core products involving “Big Data” predictive analytics, reporting, querying, and data processing & management leveraging distributed design and data processing technology such as Hadoop/Spark. Your work will be vital to solidifying D&B Lattice as the leading Customer Data Platform and expanding our reach to new markets.
We are seeking an experienced engineering leader to help manage and grow our engineering team. This person will be a critical leader in multiple areas of our business and reports directly to the Vice President of Engineering. As a manager of the team, you will be expected to give guidance to other members on technical design and overall on best practices. You will use your experience running effective organizations and scalable processes to help scale your team and ensure on time high quality delivery of large projects with complex components. You’ll be responsible for managing key internal stakeholder relationships, effectively managing various projects to deliver to the business as well as having a unique opportunity to impact and drive important technical decisions across the organization. The ideal candidate is deeply technical, understands how to balance product delivery with engineering quality, and operate across organizational and discipline boundaries. Experience building and operating large scale SaaS cloud applications in a public cloud is preferred. Join us in building an outstanding engineering team and the next big thing at D&B Lattice!
- Directly collaborate with senior management and all product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- Recruit, Challenge, grow and reward top players.
- Provide leadership in iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to steer the direction of the engineering organization and identify continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Participate daily standup team meeting/bi-weekly sprint planning & sprint-end demo/retrospective and work cross-functionality with other teams in Lattice to drive the innovations of our products
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience using an agile development process.
- Current hands on development experience on Open source Java Stack (Java, Spring Framework, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Tomcat, Linux etc.) in a cloud-based environment (AWS preferred).
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.